Nice with lime juice, tartar sauce or lemon butter.
- 12 conchs (about 2 lb) meat extracted, cleaned and ground in a food grinder
- 3 eggs,separated, and the whites stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large tomato, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup fine cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. cream (optional)
Combine the conch meat,egg yolks,onion,tomato,parsley,garlic,salt and pepper,and crumbs. Blend thoroughly. If the mixture is too stiff to drop from a spoon,blend in the cream. Fold the egg whites into the mixture. Heat a well oiled iron skillet or griddle to sizzling. Drop the mixture by tablespoons onto the hot pan. Cook until browned on one side-about two minutes-then brown the other side.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Eileen Werth