Although this is very good served hot out of the oven, it isn't necessary to keep it piping hot ... it is just as good when slightly cooled (which makes it great for a party or buffet.
- 1/2 cup mayo (DO NOT USE SALAD DRESSING)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) artichoke hearts, water-packed, drained*
- 1 or 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (FRESH, NOT the stuff in the green can !!!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. (If you use a blender instead of a food processor, stop the machine frequently and scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula.) Blend just until the mixture is smooth. Coat a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray, then pour in the mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Serve with cocktail rye, Frech or sourdough bread, sliced thin.
Print this recipe
Source: Personal Collection
Submitted By: Betty Manoulian
Hot Artichoke Spread