This is delicious using pears instead of apples. Its a relatively easy and fast dish and its very very good.
- 3 Tbl oil
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, boned and cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 lb Chinese snow pea pods or green beans
- 3 scallions, green part only, cut into 1" lengths
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Cooking Sauce(recipe below)
Heat 2Tbl oil in large skillet or wok.Add chicken cubes and stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate. Add remaining oil and stir fry snow peas one minute over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add cooked chicken, scallions, apples and Cooking Sauce. Stir fry until mixture is heated through and sauce is glossy, about 3 minutes.
Combine 3 Tbl water, 2 Tbl soy sauce, 1 Tbl grated lemon rind, 2 Tbl lemon juice, 2 or 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated, in a small bowl or cup and mix.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Thyme Tide
LEMON CHICKEN WITH APPLES