There are many variations of Chicken Lasagna, but I like this rather bland version on occasion.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Reserve 2/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese; combine soup, milk,nutmeg and cayenne. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, egg, ricotta cheese and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese; mix well.
Butter or spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with PAM spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture on bottom of pan. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over soup mixture. Top with 1/3 of remaining soup mixture, 1/2 of spinach mixture, 1/2 half of remaining mozzarella and half of chicken. Repeat layers, ending with remaining noodles, soup mixture, reserved 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered for about 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Let stand 10-15-minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Joy Bowers