The form of cooking with lime juice is called acidulation. Also any firm, non-oily fish can be used with this recipe.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 whole grapefruit, segmented without skin and membranes
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced garlic
- 2 jalapeno chiles, very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- Garnish: Hot sauce, extra virgin olive oil
Mix lime and grapefruit juice. Slice raw shrimp into bite-size pieces. Combine with the other ingredients and toss gently. Serve the same day (the lime juice "cooks" the shrimp and the longer it sits, the more cooked it becomes). Sprinkle each serving with coarse salt, a dash of hot pepper sauce and a drizzle of olive oil.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Deborah Hartelius