- 2 oz. salted pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 (6 oz.)cans chopped clams
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 Tbl. butter
- salt and pepper
- oyster crackers (optional)
1) Fry pork in pan over medium heat until brown. Remove pork and discard, reserving pan juices.
2) Add onions to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Drain juice from the clams into a bowl. Reserve clams. Combine 2 1/2 cups clam juice with potatoes and cook over medium heat in a saucepan, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
4) Add onions and clams to potatoes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add evaporated milk and butter. Turn heat to low and cook 15 minutes, stiring occasionally.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with oyster crackers, if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Personal Collection
Submitted By: Stephanie
New England Clam Chowder