Mocha Cheesecake Recipe
SERVES 16 , 1 cheesecake
* 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed (I use 1 pkg)
* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
* 1/2 cup whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons whipping cream
* 1 cup sour cream
* 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
Flavored Whipped Cream
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
* chocolate curls
* chocolate-covered coffee beans
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 325.
3. Stir together graham crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into 9 inch springform pan.
5. Combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs in one at a time on low speed until combined.
6. Dissolve coffee granules with whipping cream.
7. Melt chocolate with whipping cream on top of double boiler or in microwave. Be careful not to scorch. Cool slightly.
8. Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese and blend well. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. (I usually smack the pan down several times on the counter to get the air bubbles out.).
9. Bake in oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until set. Do not overbake. Leave cake in oven and door ajar with heat turned off for 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Chill overnight.
10. Flavored Whipped Cream:.
11. Just before serving, dissolve coffee into whipping cream and whip. Add in powdered sugar after soft peaks form and beat until stiffer peaks form. Garnish cake with flavored whipping cream. You may also garnish with chocolate curls, chocolate covered coffee beans, etc.
This had great reviews.
Copyright © 2007 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved