Recipes at

Argentinan Wine Tasting Notes

2000 Gusto Vita
Score: 99.0
Out of the 2,000 or more wines I taste every year, there are perhaps a dozen that make an extraordinary impression. This is one of them. A blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, the rich nose displays concentrated blackberry, cocoa, cinnamon and mint aromas that lead to flavors of ripe, complex blackberry and plum, bittersweet chocolate and subtle earth tones. Everything is in fine balance and the finish lingers for minutes.
2005 Inca
Calchaqui Valley Argentina Torrontes - Chardonnay
Score: 91.0
Torrontes, which accounts for 80% of this blend, is Argentina's answer to Gewurtraminer; it's dry, delicate and aromatic, with a rose petal character, crisp acidity, and some white peach and lichee thrown into the mix on the palate. The remaining 20% of the blend is Chardonnay, which gives it a bit more body. This rendition is well-balanced and has a pleasant, lingering finish. A fine aperatif, it also works as a palate cleanser with all kinds of dishes, from salads to fish to curry. Very good value.
1997 Balbi Vineyard
Mendoza [argentina] Chardonnay-Semillon
Score: 84.0
"A blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Semillon, this is an interesting wine with dominant lime and kiwi tones, crisp acidity and silky texture. A good wine for poultry or seafood at a bargain price."
1998 Coastal Cellars
Mendoza [argentina] Chardonnay
Score: 83.0
"There is an aggressive note in the nose, but on the palate its rich with tropical fruit and warm in the finish. A bit disjointed, but flavorful, and a good value."
Marcus James
Mendoza Argentina Malbec: Special Reserve
Score: 88.0
"Brilliant ruby red, aromatic nose of earth, spice and wild berry, smooth as silk on the palatae, with an earthy, fruity finish. A great wine for drinking now. Pair with red meat dishes, pasta or seafood with tomato based sauces."
1997 Santa Julia
Mendoza [Argentina] Malbec
Score: 83.0
"Raspberry and red licorice flavors, with light tannin, firm structure. "

Tasting notes 1 to 6 of 6