Red and Pink Dips can be prepared 48 hours in advance. Store covered in refrigerator.
- This recipe is from the Ivory Coast, in West Africa.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp (16 to 20)
- 4 stalks celery
- Red Dip (recipe follows)
- Pink dip (recipe follows)
- Red Dip:
- 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Paste(recipe follows)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- Pink Dip:
- 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Paste (recipe follows)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Red Pepper Paste:
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 of a medium onion
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup paprika
1. Clean shrimp and cook according to package directions; refrigerate. Cut celery into sticks. Refrigerate in cold water.
2. Prepare dips. Serve in bowls with shrimp and celery.
Mix all ingredients. Makes about 1 cup.
Mix all ingredients. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Red Pepper Paste:
1. Measure 2 tablespoons wine and remaining ingredients except paprika into blender container; cover. Blend until smooth, scraping sides of blender frequently. With remaining wine, wash spices down sides of blender.
2. Heat paprika in saucepan 1 minute. Add spice mixture in small amounts, stirring until smooth. Cook unitl hot, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
Print this recipe
Source: When You're Entertaining
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Shrimp and Celery Sticks With Red and Pink Dips