A new twist...serve the stroganoff inside a rice ring.
- 2 lbs. filet of beef
- 6 tbs. butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbs. flour
- 2 tbs. meat extract paste
- 1 tbs. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 1 tbs. snipped fresh dill or 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups commercial sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice tossed with 4 cups cooked white rice
Trim fat from beef and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Melt 2 tbs. butter in a heavy skillet and sear beef quickly on all sides (do only enough at one time to cover bottom of pan). Set beef aside. In remaining butter saute the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until onion is golden. Remove from heat and add flour, extract, ketchup, salt, pepper, and stir until smooth. Gradually add bouillon, bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. To this point may be made ahead of time.
Over low heat, add wine, snipped dill, and sour cream, stirring until well combined. Add beef, simmer just until sauce and beef are hot. Serve with rice. May sprinkle 2 tbs. dill or parsley over top.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Perfect Beef Stroganoff