This is a very tasty stew. Makes a great meal by adding just a lovely salad and a great bread. Suggestion----------you might also try "Veggies Unite" at http://www.vegweb.com - good luck in your new way of eating-----------I you love it as much as we do!!!!!!!!!
- 6 oz. green beans, tipped & cut in half - 1 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Japanese eggplants - 12 oz. - cut into 1"" chunks
- 14 oz. yello squash, or zucchini, cut into 1"" chunks
- 2 colored bell peppers- seeded and sliced thin
- 1 baking potatoe, cut into 1/2"" chunks
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoe sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable boullion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Vegan cheese to grate, if desired
Place green beans, onions and garlic in a 4-quart slo-cooker. Mix all of the remaining vegetables in a large bowl, and add them to the slo-cooker. Combine the tomato sauce, bouillion, olive oil, and the seasonings, and pour over the veggies. Mix the top layer of veggies slightly with the sauce.
Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 9 hours, or on high 4 hours, until veggies are tender. If you like, you may add arrow root or corn starch, to the sauce prepared earlier, to thicken the sauce as it cooks. This is a matter of preference, and purely optional.
SERVE: with long grain rice, or pasta. Top with the grated cheese, if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Woman's Day 9/96
Submitted By: Princess