This old family recipe was always reserved for special occasion meals. I say anytime there are artichokes on the menu, that's a special occasion in itself.
- 1 (9-ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted dried bread crumbs
Cook the artichoke hearts according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the reserved artichokes, capers, and hot red pepper flakes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring to blend the flavors for 3 minutes. Add the parsley and bread crumbs and toss to combine.
Print this recipe
Source: Hot Vegan: 200 Sultry & Full-Flavored Recipes from Around the World by Robin Robertson
Submitted By: b smith
Artichoke Hearts with Garlic and Capers