Lemon curd is available in most grocery stores near the jellies and jams.
- 9 oz good-quality white chocolate, such as Ghirardelli chocolate
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- Few grains sea salt
- 2 to freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 tsp juice
- 1/3 cup prepared lemon curd
- 8 oz good-quality white chocolate candy coating
1. Coarsely chop the white chocolate by hand. Place the white chocolate into a food processor and chop again until it is very finely ground. (If a food processor is not available, chop the white chocolate by hand until very finely chopped.) Place the white chocolate and butter into a medium heatproof bowl.
2. In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, warm the cream until it comes to a low, simmering boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the salt and lemon juice. Pour the hot cream mixture over the white chocolate mixture. Using a small wire whisk, gently stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and well blended. Add the lemon curd, gently stirring until blended and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Shape the chilled truffle mixture into balls 1/4 inch in diameter. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
4. Cover a large countertop area or a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment.
5. In the top pan of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water, melt the white chocolate candy coating, stirring until smooth. Using a fork or specially designed dipping tool, dip each chilled truffle into the melted chocolate until coated. Drop the truffles onto the waxed paper. Let stand until the chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.
Roll the white chocolate-coated truffles in finely chopped pecans while the chocolate coating is still warm.
The amount of butter may be reduced by up to half if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: 300 Best Homemade Candy Recipes by Jane Sharrock
Submitted By: B Smith
Lemon Curd Truffles