This is my all-purpose grilling seasoning, as I like the saltier overtones for the grill. It's great on steaks, pork chops, and grilled chicken.
- 1/2 cup freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon light chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Place the cracked black pepper, onion flakes, coriander seeds, dill seeds, and hot red pepper flakes in a coffee grinder and pulse until reduced in size but not pulverized. Transfer to a small mixing bowl, add the salt, granulated garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and stir until well incorporated. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Print this recipe
Source: Smokin' in the Boys' Room: Southern Recipes from the Winningest Woman in Barbecue by Melissa Cookston
Submitted By: b smith