I've been "dragging" this dish around with me for a long time, and I've served it more times than I can remember for just about every kind of occasion. Mix it into a salad or eat it as is with some fresh bread.
- 2 bell peppers (1 yellow and 1 red)
- 7 oz goat cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt, freshly ground white or black pepper
- 3 1/4 tbsp roasted almond slices
- 3 1/2 tbsp sultana raisins
1. Set the oven to broil.
2. Glaze the peppers with some oil and lay them in a baking pan. Place the pan in the oven and char the pepper skins. This will take about 10 minutes. Remove the peppers and put them in a plastic bag that you can close with a knot; it's easier to peel the peppers after they have steamed in the bag.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
4. Remove the peppers from the bag. Peel them and cut them into thick slivers. Break the cheese into pieces. Arrange the cheese and peppers in a serving bowl, and pour the sweet and sour marinade over them. Top it all off with some almond slices and this dish is ready to be served!
Print this recipe
Source: Tina Nordström’s Scandinavian Cooking: Simple Recipes for Home-Style Scandinavian Cuisine
Submitted By: b smith
Marinated Peppers with Goat Cheese and Sultan Raisins