Use this pico de gallo salsa on anything you eat -- morning eggs, lunch tacos and burritos, ham sandwiches, snacking tostada or potato chips, on your low-calorie baked potato and cottage cheese, etc.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (fresh, not canned)
- 3 large cloves of fresh garlic (not powdered)
- 9 large fresh (roasted) green chiles (New Mexico Big Jims - mild to hot)
- 2 long sprigs of fresh green onion
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro (coriander)leaves
- 1/2 teaspoonful of table salt
With a sharp knife, cut skin off tomatoes; chop tomatoes into small pieces; put in mixing bowl. Skin the garlic; crush it, then mince it; add to mixing bowl. Remove skin from roasted chiles; cut into long slivers, then cut slivers into many fine segments; add to mixing bowl. This is the secret of the whole thing: cut the green onion into very, very, very, thin circles; add to mixing bowl. Chop up the cilantro leaves and add to mixing bowl. Add salt to mixing bowl. You will notice that very soon the mixture will begin to bubble (will not explode!) and the aroma will become out of this world!
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Peter Leong
Pico de Gallo