- 1 1/4 punds veal, sliced 1/8"" thick
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth or bouillon
1. Pound the veal. Pat with flour so that as much as possible adheres to both sides of the cutlets.
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Place cutlets in the pan in a single layer. Saute quickly both sides, over medium heat. You may have to saute the meat in batches.
3. As soon as the veal is sauted (return all of the veal to the pan), pour in the Marsala, and cook another 2 minutes. Turn each cutlet to cover with the wne. Remove the slices to a hot platter.
4. Add just enough broth to the pan to make a pourable sauce. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pan to collect any bits stuck there, stir, cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over the veal and serve.
Print this recipe
Source: The Romangnolis' Table
Submitted By: Sherry Fabian
Veal with Marsala