I often stock a bag of the broccoli cole slaw mix from the supermarket and it's "bailed me out" so many times when I'm home alone and busy in the office and just don't want to stop to cook. I enjoy a big bowl of this slaw and it satisfies me. I feel good knowing I'm eating broccoli, cabbage, and carrots, all ingredients in this pre-shredded slaw mix. Of course, it's a welcome addition to any picnic, too.
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli cole slaw mix, or 5 cups shredded broccoli stems, carrots, and red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped eilantro
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or dairy-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons organic soy milk or dairy milk
- Sea salt
- White pepper
1. Place the broccoli cole slaw mix and the chopped eilantro in a bowl. Using tongs, toss the vegetables to mix.
2. Into another bowl, measure the vinegar, mayonnaise, milk, a little sea salt, and a little white pepper. Whisk to combine. Taste for seasonings. Pour evenly over the vegetables, using a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl of all the dressing. Using the tongs, toss the salad to coat with the dressing. Taste for seasonings.
Print this recipe
Source: Welcome to Claire's: 35 Years of Recipes and Reflections from the Landmark Vegetarian Restaurant
Submitted By: b smith
Confetti Vegetable Slaw