Simply grilled halibut defines this taco. Cool fresh flavors are added with avocado, tomato and lime.
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 6- to 8-inch flour tortillas, skillet-warmed
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 limes, each cut into 4 wedges
Preheat greased barbecue grill to medium-high heat
1. Rinse halibut and pat dry with paper towel. Brush steaks with oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Grill halibut, turning once, until firm and opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. To build tacos, divide fish equally among tortillas. Top with tomato and avocados. Fold tortillas in half. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Add 8 oz (250 g) spicy Cajun sausage to the halibut in Step 1. Grill sausage over medium heat, turning often, until lightly browned and juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer sausage to cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces. Divide equally among tortillas.
Print this recipe
Source: 200 Easy Mexican Recipes: Authentic Recipes From Burritos to Enchiladas by Kelley Coffeen
Submitted By: smith b