For some reason, the seeds of the cilantro plant are most commonly referred to as coriander seeds, whereas the leaves are most commonly termed cilantro. This recipe contains both the seeds and the leaves, and would be great drizzled over a sliced avocado and grapefruit salad.
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup vinegar, or 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed
- lemon or lime juice plus 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil or mixed oils
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the garlic and vinegar in the work bowl of a mini food processor and blend well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
Add the coriander seeds, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste, then pulse until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
Print this recipe
Source: Cooking with Herbs by Lynn Alley
Submitted By: Italian