This yummy wrap sandwich has lots or good things going ror it, not the least being that it's a meal in itself, with protein, earns, veggies, and bruit. It you like, use cooked chicken, toru, or talaiel (garbanzo bean patty) in place or the turkey.
- 8 ounces cooked turkey breast, finely chopped or shredded, or vegetable protein patty, such as falafel
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, snipped with kitchen shears into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt, such as Fage
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk or skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 6 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
1 For the filling, combine the turkey, onion, apple, grapes, and cranberries in a bowl.
2 For the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, milk, garlic, and mustard together in a bowl. Spoon over the filling and stir to blend. Season to taste.
3 To assemble, place each tortilla on a flat surface. Arrange 1/4 cup of the spinach on each tortilla. Top with Va cup of the filling. Roll up tightly, burrito style. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Print this recipe