Using whole wheat: bread adds nutritional power to this old-fashioned, favorite and helps you meet the day's recommended requirements for whole grain and fiber. A touch of chocolate enhances the cinnamon's edge.
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 teaspoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon, using your fingers to blend them.
Toast the bread. Spread half the butler on each slice of hot toast. Sprinkle half the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top. Cut the toast diagonally in half and serve.
Print this recipe
Source: The essential best foods cookbook
Submitted By: b smith
Chocolate Cinnamon Toast