Blueberries and nuts plus creamy ricotta and whole grain bread turn this into a lovely breakfast of bread and cheese.
- 1 slice sprouted wheat or multigrain bread
- 2 teaspoons wild blueberry fruit spread
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried blueberries
- 1 heaping teaspoon toasted sliced almonds
Grill or toast the bread.
Cover the bread with the fruit spread. Top with the cheese, dried blueberries, and almonds. Serve immediately, or see Another Way.
To take a bruschetta for a midmorning snack, wrap it in plastic and put it in an insulated container with an ice pack. Eat it within 3 hours.
Print this recipe