Like most recipes of this type, it's best made ahead of time so the flavors have time to blend. This is a delightfully refreshing relish.
- 1 pound FRESH cranberries
- 1 small seedles (Navel) orance, WITH PEEL
- 1 small red Delicious apple, WITH PEEL
- 3/4 cup sugar (start with 1/2 cup, add more if needed)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Wash cranberries; pick out bad ones. Wash orange and apple. Cut off stem ends of orange; core and seed apple. Cut orange and apple into pieces and put in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to mixing bowl. Process cranberries and sugar until finely chopped. Add to orange/apple mixture and add chopped nuts. Mix well. (Taste for sweetness; add more sugar if needed.) Serve chilled.
Makes about 3 cups.
Print this recipe
Source: Personal collection
Submitted By: Betty Manoulian