- 1 cup margarine or butter(2 sticks)
- 6 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-oz. can walnuts(2 cups), coarsely chopped
ABOUT 2 HOURS BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9""x9"" metal baking pan with foil; grease foil.
2. In heavy 3-quart saucepan over low heat, melt margarine or butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat. With wooden spoon, beat in sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour, vanilla, salt, and walnuts. Spread batter evenly in pan.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean. Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
4. When cold, cut brownies into 4 strips, then cut each strip into 4 pieces. Store in tightly covered container.
Print this recipe
Source: Good Housekeeping: Sept. '91
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Good Housekeeping Fudge Brownies