Serve hot dip with bread sticks and/or assorted fresh vegetables, such as celery, cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green onions, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, fennel, artichoke hearts or radishes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cans(2 oz. each) anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small truffle, chopped(optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream(optional)
- Fresh vegetables or bread sticks, for dipping
Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, earthenware casserole dish or stove-to-table baking dish. Add olive oil, chopped anchovies and garlic; mix well. If desired, add truffle and/or cream; mix well. Simmer 1 hour to let flavors blend. If necessary, transfer mixture to a heatproof serving dish; keep warm at the table over a heat source.
Print this recipe
Source: Appetizers: Food Writers' Favorites
Submitted By: Linda Wilson