Although this is not the restaurant salad recipe, hope it comes close enough.
- Bacon Dressing:
- 1 pkg.(12 oz.)low-salt bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 can(2-1/4 oz.)sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken or turkey
- 1 large green, red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 small sourdough roll(3 to 4 oz.), cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
In mixing bowl, combine bacon, olives, mayonnaise, salsa and cumin. Mix well.
In a 3-4 quart, clear, straight-sided salad bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, chicken, bell pepper and bread cubes. Spread half the bacon dressing over top layer. Cover and refrigerate salad several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining bacon dressing.
Just before serving, garnish salad with avocado slices, if desired. Pass remaining bacon dressing at the table. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Print this recipe
Source: Salads: food Writers' Favorites
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Layered Mexican Club Salad