This is one of the many recipes that comes with the order form from the San Francisco Herb Co. San Francisco Herb Co. can be found at: http://www.sfherb.com/companyInfo.html
- 6 cups Rosebuds & Petals 4 oz.
- 4 cups Lemon Verbena Leaves 1 oz.
- 2 cups Globe Amaranth(white) 1-1/2 oz.
- 2 cups Orchids- wild (Pale Mauve) 3/4 oz.
- 2 cups Rosebuds & Petals(Pink/Moroccan) 2 oz.
- 2 cups Statice Flowers(White) 1-1/4 oz.
- 2 cups Uva Ursi (Pinquica) Leaves 2-3/4 oz.
- 1 cup Allspice (Mexican) whole 3-1/4 oz.
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chips- Large Cut 1-1/4 oz.
- 1 cup Lemon Grass (Mexican) 1 oz.
- 1 cup Statice Flowers (purple) 3/4 oz.
- 1/2 cup Orris Root-Cut 2 oz.
- 1/2 cup Rosemary- Whole (Spice Section)
- Oil: Floral Bouquet
- Rose Garden with Jasmine
After measuring all dry ingredients, gently mix in large glass bowl or paper bag using your hands or non-metallic utensil. With a Pipette, add Fragrance Oil(s) GRADUALLY to enhance, NOT overpower natural scents--about 1/4 oz. to 1/2 oz. of Fragrance Oil per gallon of Potpourri depending on strength of oil and your personal preference. Try to drop oil on Fixatives to minimize discoloration of flowers and leaves. Fixatives such a Oak Moss, Orris Root, Calamus Root, and Citrus Peels absorb, preserve and gradually release the fragrance of your blend.
Fill wide mouth jars or non-metallic containers 3/4 full, cover tightly and store in cool, dark place. Check aroma after first 2 or 3 days and add more fragrance if needed. Shake gently about once a week. Cure(let scents mingle and mellow) for 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
Print this recipe
Source: San Francisco Herb Co.
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Bridal Bouquet Potpourii