An easy-to-bake recipe, this is a delightful cake everyone will enjoy! I have a few more Chocolate Flourless Cake recipes, desired.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Flour (for dusting pan)
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 7 large eggs separated
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whipped cream for garnish
1. Generously coat an 8x3-inch round cake pan or springform pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
2. Put chocolate and remaining butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Cook and stir until well mixed and melted.
3. Whisk egg yolks in small bowl; add a little of the warm chocolate and stir well. Pour mixture into remaining chocolate; stir well. Set aside, uncovered, in a warm place.
4. Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, until stiff and glossy but not dry. Pour chocolate mixture over egg whites; fold together carefully but thoroughly. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake until center is set but still wiggly slightly, 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. As it begins to cool, cake will pull away from sides of pan. Remove sides of springform; if using cake pan, invert cake onto serving plate. Cool completely.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Print this recipe
Source: My baking class in Culinary School.
Submitted By: Patricia Contreras
Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cake