This cake should be stored for 24 hours to develop full flavor.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease 9-inch loaf pan.
3. In large bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla. Gradually stir in eggs and spices.
4. In seperate bowl, combine flour and baking powder; gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Print this recipe
Source: Creative Cooking: Desserts
Submitted By: Linda Wilson