The last time I made these, I had to melt another cup of chocolate chips with 1/2 tablespoon oil to have enough chocolate to coat all the pieces.
- 1 3/4-cup creamy peanut butter (not the "natural" kind)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 1/4-cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In large bowl, cream together peanut butter and butter until light and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until well blended. Form mixture into small balls, about 3/4-inch in diameter.
Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheets and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Melt the chocolate chips with the vegetable oil over hot water, stirring until smooth and melted. Using a toothpick, dip bottom half of each ball into chocolate and return to waxed paper. Refrigerate until hardened. Store between layers of waxed paper.
Print this recipe
Source: My recipe files
Submitted By: Bowers Bowers