- 2 large potatoes, baked
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 1/2 c diced chorizo or pepperoni sausage
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c chopped canned green chilies
- 1 T taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
While still warm, halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop pulp into medium bowl, leaving potato shells unbroken. With fork, mash potatoes and butter or margarine coarsely, leaving small lumps. Add sausage, tomato, onion, chilies, taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Heap mixture into potato shells, mounting in center. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of potato shell.
Bake at 400 degrees F. five minutes, until heated throughout. Run under broiler just until cheese is lightly browned, bubbly.
Print this recipe
Source: Detroit Free Press Cookbook
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Tijuana Stuffed Potatoes