- 1/2 lb. fresh ricotta
- 1 cup fine granulated sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon
- butter and flour for the baking pan
1. Beat the ricotta and the sugar in a large bowl either with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer. After 10 minutes add the yolks one by one and continue beating.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl with the salt and baking powder. Mix well with the ricotta mixture and the finely grated lemon peel. When you grate the lemon make sure you only get the zest or outer yellow part the white is bitter.
4. Whisk the egg whites and carefully fold in. Turn into an 8 inch buttered and floured baking pan. Spread evenly and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Insert a fine skewer or tooth pick to test whether it is sufficiently cooked. The skewer must come out clean. Turn on to a wire rack and allow to cool. This recipe doesn't have a whipped topping with it , use the one sent in to your request. Enjoy!
Print this recipe
Source: La Cucina
Submitted By: Sheila Nelson
Torta di ricotta