- Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- * 1 tsp sesame or peanut oil
- * 2 x boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 300 g or 2/3 lb.)
- * 1 can coconut milk (398 ml or 14oz)
- * 1 can water
- * zest of half a lemon
- * 4 x kaffir lime leaves (or zest of ½ a lime)
- * 1 tsp dried chili peppers (or 2 fresh, finely chopped)
- * 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- * 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- * 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- * pita bread
- * olive oil
- * garlic powder
- * dried parsley
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
1. Sauté chicken breasts in oil at medium high, in a stove-top fry pan, until center is no longer pink.
2. Warm coconut milk in a medium-sized sauce pan, adding one water.
3. Add zest of half a lemon.
4. Add kaffir lime leaves, dried chili peppers, ginger and brown sugar.
5. Loosely chop cilantro and add to sauce pan.
6. Remove chicken from pan and slice into thin strips, approx. 1? x ¼?. Add to sauce pan. Let simmer.
7. Preheat oven to 350 F.
8. Brush desired amount of pita bread with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley. Cut each pita bread into 6 triangles.
9. Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven until crisp (approx 5 minutes).
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Blaine Barrett
Chicken Coconut Soup