- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbs. melted unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 lb. soft tofu or firm silken tofu, crumbled
- 2 cans(8 oz. each) crushed pineapple packed in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray. Stir together cracker crumbs and butter. Pat into bottom of prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the tofu and pineapple for 25 seconds, or until blended--stopping to scrape sides of container with rubber spatula as needed. Add the remaining ingredients and process for 10 seconds, or until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until set, about 50 to 60 minutes; a knife inserted in center should come out almost clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Run a small metal spatula around edge of cake and release side.
Print this recipe
Source: my files
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Silken Pineapple "Cheese" cake"