This really is good, and almost as nice as the kind you stand stirring for half an hour. I often use it when I've got lots going on the stove and don't have time for the more authentic version.
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. minced yellow onion
- 1 c. arborio rice
- 3 c. Chicken broth
- 2 t. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat butter and oil in 10-inch quiche or deep pie dish, or 11"x 8 1/2" x 2" dish, uncovered, at 100% for 2 min. Add onions and stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, at 100% for 4 min. Add rice and stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 4 min. more.
2. Stir in broth. Cook, uncovered, at 100% for 9 min. Stir well and cook for 9 min. more.
3. Remove from oven. Let stand, uncovered, for 5 min. to let rice absorb remaining liquid, stirring several times. Stir in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Print this recipe
Source: Microwave Gourmet
Submitted By: Jan Larson