Recipe is courtesy of Exotic Meats: http://exoticmeats.com/recipes-rabbit.aspx
- Barbecued Rabbit with Tarragon-Dijon Marinade or Paprika Marinade
- 3 to 3 ½ pound frying Rabbit, cut up
- Tarragon-Dijon Marinade or Paprika Marinade
- Tarragon-Dijon Marinade:
- In a bowl, whisk ½ cup salad oil, ¼ cup each Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar, and 2 teaspoons dried tarragon until smoothly blended
- Paprika Marinade:
- In a bowl, stir together ½ cup salad oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons paprika, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed).
1. Rinse rabbit and pat dry. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow dish.
2. Prepare your choice of marinade; pour over rabbit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until next day, turning occasionally.
3. Lift rabbit from marinade and drain briefly. Barbecue rabbit by indirect heat, placing rabbit on grill directly above drip pan. Cover barbecue and adjust dampers as necessary to maintain an even heat. Cook, basting often with marinade, until meat is white at bone; cut to test (about 35 minutes).
Print this recipe
Source: Exotic Meats
Submitted By: Amanda Blakely
Barbecued Rabbit with Tarragon-Dijon Marinade or Paprika