- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 3 eggs
- 7/8 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brewed tea
- 6 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Roll out the dough, and fit it in a 9 inch pie pan. Crimp the edges. Chill while preparing filling.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add the syrup, butter, tea, vinegar, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the nuts.
Place the pie shell on a cookie sheet, and pour the filling into the shell. Bake in a preheated 450 degree F (230 degrees C) oven for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the center is still a bit wiggly. It will set completely when cooled, about 25 minutes. Cool, and serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Print this recipe