Keep on hand in your refrigerator to use as a salad dressing or as a light sauce for fish or vegetables. You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine the shallot, garlic, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar and whisk until well blended. Or place in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until well blended.
2. Slowly pour in the oil, whisking continuously or processing until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Make up to 1 week ahead, cover, and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
Makes 1 cup.
Print this recipe