- 15ml/1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 175 g/6 oz vegetarian chick chunks (or tofu)
- 2.5 ml/ i/2 tsp ground turmeric
- i/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- 400ml/1 can coconut milk
- 900ml/1 ½ pints hot vegetable stock
- 30ml/2tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 30ml/2 tbsp peanut putter
- 50g/2oz thread egg noodles, broken into small pieces
- 15ml/1 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped to garnish
1. Heat oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute until lightly golden. Add vegetarian chicken or tofu and stir-fry 2-minutes.
2. Heat stock and add coconut milk. Add ?chicken? or tofu, lemon juice, peanut butter and egg noodles.
3. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Add spring onions, ginger and coriander and then cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place coconut and chilli in small frying pan heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the coconut is lightly browned.
5. Serve soup sprinkled with coconut and chilli.
(Ready to eat in 30 minutes, including prep time!)
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Jackie Pieterick
Thai Tofu Noodle Soup