This Asian twist on green beans amandine is simplified by using almond butter, enhanced with fermented soy miso and some sweetness from chopped pickled ginger.
- 1 tablespoon miso, any type
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pickled (sushi) ginger
- 1 bag (about 16 ounces) frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Mix the miso, almond butter, soy sauce, vegetable oil, water, and ginger in a bowl. Place the beans and the water in a covered microwave-safe container and cook in a microwave at full power until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss with the miso mixture, and scatter the sesame seeds over the top.
Print this recipe