This low-fat creamy vegan sauce is similar to mayonnaise or hollandaise, and is a guilt-free sauce for dressing up any steamed vegetable. Here it is napped over asparagus that has been steamed in a microwave.
- 6 ounces soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, fresh or jarred organic
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, hard ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled (sushi) ginger
Puree the tofu, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, hot pepper sauce, and garlic in a blender or mini food processor. Place the asparagus in a single layer in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add a few tablespoons of water and cover; cook in a microwave at full power until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the water; arrange the asparagus on a serving platter and pour the tofu sauce over the top. Garnish with the pickled ginger.
Print this recipe