- 5 lb. Pork 80% lean
- 5 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbs. Paprika, sweet
- 3 1/2 tsp Cayenne, ground
- 1 tsp. Cure #2
- 1 Tbs. Fennel seeds, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic, dry, granulated
- 2 tsp. Pepper, black, ground
- 45 mm hog casings
1. Lean pork trimmings (from the shoulder, fillet, ham) are cut by hand (not ground)
2. Mix meat with salt, cure and spices.
3. Stuff the mixture into large hog casings and tie into 5 inch links
4. Cold smoke several hours, daily for 4 days, at maximum of 85°F [30°C].
5. Air dry the sausage for 4 weeks at 60°F [15.5°C] at 60% R/H
6. Store in crocks or in glass jars covered with pork lard.
7. Sausage will keep for one year this way.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Len Poli