Whip up this tasty, unpretentious pasta sauce with canned red salmon from the pasta pantry, chives (or green onion tops), and a splash of lemon. Garnished with fresh dill, this makes a superb speedy dinner or luncheon dish.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (7 1/2 ounces) red salmon, drained and picked over
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup very coarsely snipped fresh chives, or 1 green onion, green tops only, chopped
- Lemon wedges
1. Combine butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in pasta serving bowl. Add salmon, breaking it up into large bite-size pieces. Set aside to warm to room temperature or, preferably, place the bowl (be sure it's heatproof) over the pasta pot to warm the ingredients and melt the butter while heating the water. Once the water comes to a boil, remove bowl and set aside.
2. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta well and immediately add to sauce in bowl. Sprinkle with dill and chives and toss. Serve at once with lemon wedges.
Print this recipe