It is very important to let the meat rest after removing it from the oven. This allows the heat to penetrate through the meat and finish the cooking.
- 3 filets mignon of pork, trimmed
- 12 T good olive oil
- 5 large onions (four chopped fine)
- 4 t honey
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 T milk
- Salt, pepper and thyme for flavoring
- Vegetable oil
1. Brown trimmings of filet mignon, deglaze with water and set aside. Strain and reserve juice.
2. Heat olive oil and sweat the chopped onions until they begin to take on color, then add thyme.
3. Add honey to the onions and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes. Add reserved pork juices and simmer for another 15 minutes. Set aside.
4. Cut the fifth onion into round slices. Soak in milk for 15 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Coat the onions in flour and deep-fry in vegetable oil.
5. To cook the filet, first brown it in a pan on the stove, then roast it in the oven (400° F) for 8 to 12 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes after removing from the oven.
Slice each filet mignon into two pieces and put in the center of a platter. Pour the sauce onto the plate and garnish with onion rings
Print this recipe