- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until the mixture turns fluffy and very pale, and forms a ribbon that holds its shape.
2. Add the melted butter and mix well.
3. Sift in the flour, a little at a time, and mix well to form a smooth dough.
4. Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
5. With your hands, roll the dough into about 45 balls, 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
6. Bake in a hot waffle iron with the smallest grids until the cookies are golden brown and crisp. Let the cookies cool on a rack and store in airtight containers.
Print this recipe