One of the most flavorful and popular boneless roasts, the rib-eye makes an excellent dish with very little waste. The roast is best when marinated for at least two hours.
- 7 garlic cloves, 2 minced and 5 thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- One 3-pound boneless rib-eye beef roast
1. In a food processor, combine the minced garlic with the oil, soy sauce, peppercorns, salt, and rosemary and process to a paste. Set aside.
2. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make fifteen 1-inch-deep cuts in the top and bottom of the roast. Insert a thin slice of garlic in each cut. Set the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and rub it all over with the paste. Let stand a! room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Roast the meat for about 10 minutes, or until the crust begins to brown. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and cook for about 11/4 hours longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 125°F for medium-rare.
4. Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest uncovered, for 10 minutes. Carve the roast into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Print this recipe