When I made this recipe, I happened to be in a hurry, and didn't have time to get fresh basil so I used dried basil instead.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- or 1 thin sliced boneless roaster breast
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices, for garnish
Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness. If using thin sliced boneless Roaster breast, omit placing in plastic wrap and pounding. Brush cutlets lightly with oil, Grill over hot coals 3 to 4 minutes per side, rotating to form crosshatch marks characteristic of paillards, or broil 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Place butter, basil, garlic and lemon juice in a small pan and melt on the side of the grill. Spoon butter over paillards and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon slices.
Print this recipe