- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (5-6 limes)
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalopeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
Combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalpeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove chicken from marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, then grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you like cilantro, add 1 tablespoon to the marinade. There is no substitute for freshly squeezed lime juice. I use Cuervo Gold tequila.
Print this recipe
Source: INA GARTEN, BAREFOOT CONTESSA, Family Style
Submitted By: Cheer Kosak
TEQUILA LIME CHICKEN