The acorn squash can be cooked up to 2 days in advance and kept refrigerated, tightly covered with plastic wrap. Do no glaze it until just before serving, adding 5 minutes to the baking time.
- 2 3/4 Pound acorn squash
- 1/2 Cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place squash in a baking dish for 1 hour, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, cut in half and discard the seeds. Peel and cut the flesh into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Place back in the baking dish.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the squash and place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve Immediately.
Print this recipe